What is Unified Communications Client?
With more and more businesses moving to remote workforces and “Bring-Your-Own-Device” (BYOD) environments, the need for more effective communication and collaboration is more important than ever.
You need comprehensive tools that allow you stay connected to the business from anywhere, any time, and virtually any device.
Evolve Network Solutions UC client is a Unified Communications also known as Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solution that combines all of the different ways businesses communicate into a single, easy-to-use interface to improve everyday communications and collaboration for businesses.
- Screen sharing
- Enterprise contacts
UC Client makes your communication simpler and your collaboration more productive. It provides you with audio and video calling, instant messaging, meetings/ video chat, history, and voicemail without switching between devices, apps, and screens. Evolve Network Solutions UC Client allows you to make and take calls without being tied to your desk phone, to chat (one-to-one or one-to-many), and meet with or see each other’s faces with the click of a button—all this without using multiple tools or programs. Any business with modern communications needs can benefit from UC Client, from highly virtualized organizations, companies with multiple locations, and to those with remote or mobile workers. Evolve Network Solutions UC Client empowers businesses by making it easy, pleasant and efficient for them to communicate how they want and when they want.
Why Should You Use UC Client?
For any business to be successful, its employees need to be able to communicate. More than that, they need to do so simply and efficiently.
The problem with traditional, premise-based ‘clunky communication’:
- It wastes time
- It results in duplication of effort
- It frustrates employees
- It slows down the entire business.
The advantages of our UC Client UCaaS Solution:
- UC removes the frustration from using multiple programs of communication and collaboration.
- UC simplifies the day-to-day tasks and operations organizations rely on for their success.
- UC is designed to enhance the end user’s experience by eliminating communication inefficiencies.
- Evolve Network Solutions’ UCaaS platform clears roadblocks that slow down a business and enables all users within an organization to perform as high functioning team members.
You’ll be able to leverage powerful UC Client features and benefits including:
- Calling – Your employees can make and take calls right from the UC Client interface, there is no need to spend money or time on installing desk phones
- SMS – Users can send 1-to-1 or group SMS messages (text) or MMS (images/video/documents) to customers and colleagues through Evolve’s UC via their business phone number
- Voicemail – View and manage your voicemails from a single screen as well as view message transcriptions (with a transcription service)
- Enterprise Contacts – Access all of your enterprise contacts automatically, and add, edit, or delete contacts
- Meetings / Video – Schedule, manage, and conduct video meetings where participants can share screens and control meeting settings all from within UC Client
- Chat – Chat with other members of your organization with the click of a button
- History – See all of your activity across calls, chats, and meetings over the previous 30 days
Who Can Use the Unified Communications Client?
Our UC Client UCaaS solution is ideal for organizations across all verticals and of every size. Any organization that requires employees to communicate, interact, or collaborate with each other, customers, or vendors can benefit from the modern functionality of UC Client. Examples include:
|Organizations that:||Users who:|
|• Have multiple locations
• Have a large number of remote users
• Pay for multiple meeting systems
• Pay for a desk and mobile phones for employees
• Need to consolidate the number of chat programs their employees use
• Are primarily BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
• Are trying to control ballooning software and hardware costs
|• Interface with clients
• Collaborate with team members
• Host of join meetings often
• Are often remote
• Make frequent calls
• Require speedy response times
• Rely on the ability to conduct business from anywhere in the world
• Spend a significant amount of time away from their desks
Additional Benefits of Evolve’s Unified Communications UCaaS Platform
There’s no need for any configuration. Users can just log in and start using UC Client.
Users have access to all of their enterprise contacts automatically. They can see presence and start calls, meetings, or chats with the click of a button. Users also have the ability to add, edit, or delete contacts.
Users can make and take calls right from the UC Client interface. There’s no need for a desk phone, and they can communicate how they want, where they want.
Users can send 1-to-1 or group SMS messages (text) or MMS (images/video/documents) to customers and colleagues through Evolve’s UC via their business phone number.
Users can chat with others one-to-one, and one-to-many across their entire organization with the click of a button. There’s no need to jump between multiple programs and screens.
Users can start and conduct full video experience meetings; one-to-one, and one-to-many, with guests inside or outside of their company.
Users can view and manage voicemails from their contacts on a single screen. Users can view message transcriptions (with transcription service) rather than having to listen to each message to determine its priority.
Users have the ability to see all of their activity for calls over the previous 90 days. There are multiple filter options to help users quickly sort and manage their activity.
Users and guests can share screens in meetings to collaborate, whether it’s on one screen, multiple screens, several browser windows, or just specific applications.
Users can set up meetings for a future date and time through a consistent, personalized meeting URL that can be used at any time.
Two-Factor Authentication provides an extra layer of security for users, ensuring only they will have access to their information, even if someone else discovers their password.
Users will be able to set their own presence as well as filter their enterprise contacts by available contacts. applications.
What are the Advantages to a Business Mobile App?
For years Unified Communications was that only ran on a PC or Mac. The big breakthrough in UCaaS came when apps for Droid and iPhone were added to the Unified Communications platform. Here’s why:
Never Miss an Important Business Call
Clients and colleagues can easily reach busy employees anytime through one business number that will automatically ring their Evolve Mobile. Eliminating the necessity to track down employees on multiple numbers, Evolve Mobile improves and streamlines communications, and seamlessly connects a distributed and fast-moving workforce. Gain the latest communication tools for your staff so they never miss a business opportunity.
Protect Your Business
Calls are directed right to an employee’s smartphone without revealing any of their personal information. This helps ensure that business calls continue to be routed to the right resource, regardless of where employees are. It also provides business continuity, so that calls go to someone in your company versus an individual that might have left to work for someone else (i.e. the dreaded competitor.) Evolve Mobile also makes it easier to manage “bring your own device” (BYOD)work environments.
Stay Ahead of the Competition
Evolve’s Mobile supports the virtual business office, enabling employees to connect seamlessly anywhere they need to conduct business.
Leverage an Investment You’ve Already Made
You’ve already invested in an office phone system — so why not extend the same features and benefits to your mobile phone? Not only can your employees make and receive calls placed to their corporate phone number via their mobile device, they can leverage important communication features, such as:
- One click to join conference calls
- Extension dialing to coworkers
- Corporate and personal phone directories at
an employer’s fingertips
- Access to company international distance
and dialing plan
- Management of what device rings when
someone calls an employee’s business number
- Listen to and manage voicemail
- View recent calls
- Manage virtual attendant settings
What’s the big deal about Unified Communication SMS/MMS?
Often employees, especially those who are very mobile, have to use their personal cell number when they need to send a business-related SMS/MMS message. Most would rather not use their personal phone number for business related texts. Our Unified Communications SMS/MMS feature separates business SMS/MMS from personal SMS/MMS messages. This not only gives privacy to the user, it’s also more professional when communicating with your customers.
SMS/MMS Product Features
Evolve SMS allows users to send 1-to-1 or group SMS messages (text) or MMS (images/video/documents) to customers and colleagues through Evolve UC via their business phone number.
All of a user’s messages are displayed in a descending list format, with their most recent messages at the top, along with message previews and bold/normal text for unread/read messages.
Detailed Message View
Individual messages are displayed with timestamps, message history, participant lists, and new message line indicators, so you always know when you left off.
Phone numbers displayed in Evolve UC are automatically replaced with known contact names within SMS conversations.
Create New/Add to Existing Contact from within a Conversation
Unrecognized numbers in an SMS conversation can be quickly added to a user’s contact list or added to an existing contact.
Delivery/Failed Delivery Receipts
Evolve SMS indicates whether a message was successfully delivered or not.
Name 1-to-1/Group Conversations
For easy identification, users can label their 1-to-1 or group conversations within Evolve UC.
Users are notified as messages come in via notifications on their browser and within the Evolve UC interface, and with unread message count badges within the List View.
Messages can be searched by name, phone number, or conversation title.
Leave a Conversation
Users can choose to opt-out of a conversation at any time by leaving the conversation. If a conversation is left and a participant responds the full message history is still preserved.
Mute a Conversation
When a conversation is muted, there will be no desktop or window notifications or sounds. Only badge counts will display.
Click-to-Dial Within Messages
Users can start a voice call with the participants of a conversation within the SMS message screen.
Unified Communications – Collaborate and Communicate
Communication and Collaboration are almost synonymous, but in the Unified Communications world they are related, but have come to mean different things.
- Communications deals with how a business communicates with the outside world, their vendors, customers, prospects, etc. Technologies used for this are:
- Phone system
- VoIP telephone service (link to Business VoIP)
- SIP trunking
- Social media
- Collaborations deals with how a business connects internally as a team. Whether you’re a small business or a Fortune 500 behemoth, the ability for employees collaborate on projects and ideas is critical. In today’s work environment most collaboration is done remotely. What tools do we use to collaborate?
- Video conferencing (huddle rooms, virtual rooms, large webinars)
- Screen sharing
- Internal team chat
In today’s Covid environment, and in all likelihood in the post pandemic world the need for remote collaboration and communication is not nice to have for businesses, it’s a critical and integral must have if businesses plan to survive and thrive. Collaboration in today’s workforce is about finding ways for employees, executives, or anyone team member in a business to work together on a given project and to do it remotely.
Before the coronavirus pandemic Unified Communications was not a prioritized agenda item. But since 2020 many businesses have UCaaS now as a top priority.
The upside to the Unified Communications is that can be configured and implemented very quickly. From a short-term perspective UCaaS is a quick fix, but just as important, Unified Communications is also a long-term, permanent solution too.
- Inexpensive, predictable cost
- Always being improved and enhanced